Chi Walking creates balance in your body and yourself. This workshop will teach you to move from your center, using your whole body, not just your legs, for walking. You’ll learn proper alignment and movement techniques that will give you a powerful sense of balance and stability, as well as relaxation and spaciousness in your body and mind.
In this introductory workshop you’ll receive:
- An introduction to the Chi Walking method
- Injury-prevention techniques
- Core muscle drills and exercises
- Upper body and lower body usage
- Personal check-in tricks and tools
- Innovative technique drills
- How to relax and conserve energy at any walking speed
- Handouts of all the material covered in the workshop
Laura Houston, Master Instructor of Chi Walking, has been teaching since 2006. She enjoys helping people explore their own biomechanics for pain-free and efficient movement. Click here to read the Seattle Times article about Laura and Chi Walking.
(This is an event hosted by Healing Circles Langley. We make the HCL facility available to other groups or individuals whose work tucks under the broad umbrella of the “Tree of Healing” on our wall. If the work matches a leaf on the tree, we feel it falls within the scope of our mission. The description of the event and the sliding-scale fee structure are both provided by the organizer of the event.)