Dementia Caregiver Circle – A Wellbeing Approach
What does it mean to live well with dementia? In this four-session series we will explore how to bring a positive approach to caring for someone living with dementia. Each session will be interactive with discussions, video, slides, and skills training using Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach® to Care (PAC). You will gain a toolbox of dementia knowledge and skills on how to sustain connection, communication and wellbeing throughout the progression of dementia.
Here are topics that we will cover:
- What is dementia?
- Brain changes with dementia. Understanding the amygdala response.
- Sensory changes that effect connection and communication.
- Progression of dementia – skills lost and skills that remain (using GEMS Model). What GEM is my person?
- Connecting and communication – adapting our approach.
- Being a detective – Seeing behaviors as unmet needs.
Hosted by Kathleen Landel, PAC Independent Certified Consultant and national PAC Mentor
Dates: 4 Mondays, 1-2:30pm
June 8 & 22
July 6 & 20
These are small circles limited to 12 participants. To register, click on this link: