534 Camano Ave, Langley, WA 98260
The Healing Circles for Men held here are based on the same agreements, philosophy, and general format that all of our circles share. For those of you unfamiliar with Healing Circles Langley, we provide a protected space where anyone can explore and engage in their own healing—and by “healing” we go back to the root of the word, “to make whole.” Healing Circles Langley is also rooted in the dual tenets that each person has influence over their own healing, and that influence is most effective when in a community of others.
Circles here are hosted rather led or facilitated, are peer-based rather than therapy-driven, and are founded on 5 agreements:
- We treat each other with kindness and respect
- We listen to each other with compassion and curiosity
- We honor each other’s unique way to healing and do not presume to advise, fix, or save one another
- We hold all shared stories in utmost confidence
- We trust that each of us has guidance we need within us and will sometimes rely on the power of silence to access it
Our tradition is deeply influenced by—and extremely grateful for—the PeerSpirit/Circle Way approach to circles. During most of our circles we typically make use of a talking stick or stone during sharing rounds, lean heavily on the campfire metaphor, often pause for silence, and frequently use poetry. We typically have no agenda other than expressing what’s on one’s mind at the moment and then taking it from there.
[Sorry! This circle is currently at capacity.