Mindfulness meditation in the insight tradition is about seeing things as they really are, free from belief and delusion. By noticing and investigating sensations, thoughts and emotions, it trains the mind and opens the heart.
Intended for new and experienced meditators, this circle will support you in creating and sustaining your own regular meditation practice.
March 7, 14, 21 and 28: Kate away. We will listen to dharma talks from Dharma Seed, engage in silent meditation for 30 minutes, and end with some sharing.
- May 9 and 16: Kate away
- May 23: Loving Kindness (Heart Practice)
- May 30: Gratitude (Heart Practice)
- June 6: Generosity (Heart Practice)
- June 13: Forgiveness (Heart Practice)
- June 20: Compassion (Heart Practice)
- June 27: Sympathetic Joy (Heart Practice)
- July 4: No session
- July 11: Equanimity (Heart Practice)
- Thursdays, 5-6:30pm
Hosted by Kate Davies, who has had a meditation practice for more than twenty years and is currently completing a meditation teacher certification program with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield.